These photographs have come from several souces. In particular: The George Smith Collection (courtesy Stan Smith); Mrs Hilda Turner; Graham Swift; Valerie Jones; Beryl Calladine; an anonymous album; Sue Worboys; Ken Stinson; Geoff Dawes; Ann Hunter.
A farm at Fritchley
Fritchley Green. The school and mission can be seen on the left.
Fritchley Congregational Chapel. Note the water trough on the Green (now gone)
Meeting on Fritchley Green (note the thatched houses). Date unknown
Fritchley Green, Davidson's Stores with Lynam Butchers
A view across Fritchley Green
Outside Davidson's Store on Fritchley Green
Fritchley Bobbin Mill. It was destroyed by fire in June 1885.
Red Lion when it was built in stone
Red Lion with Lynam's butcher's shop and horse stabling to the left
The Red Lion also provided "Teas and Refreshments"
Carnaval float outside the Red Lion
Red Lion in 1988
Shoulder of Mutton; the building on the right used to be the Blue Bell
Fritchley Post Office
Post Office Bungalow with the Lynam family outside
Collection at the Post Office
Friends' Meeting House
Once Fritchley C of E School and Church Mission (now a private house)
Looking up Bobbin Mill Lane towards the large house at the top – Chestnut Bank
Butterley Quarry tramway through Fritchley
An old photograph of Bowmer Lane.
The barns on the left have been demolished are are now houses
Allen Lane in the 1930s
Remains of Bowmer's Mill
Millpond at Bowmer's Mill, Fritchley
General Views of Fritchley
See also :
Peter Black's Fritchley Photographs VIEW
Keith Clark's Fritchley Photographs VIEW
Herbert & Brian Key's Fritchley collection VIEW