This painting, dated 1708, shows Belers Manor House on the site of what is now the Baptist Chapel on Crich Market Place. The remains of the Watch Tower in the garden are still visible.
The dark buildings in the centre of the painting are lime kilns.
Note Crich Hill beside the church before quarrying and the building of Crich Stand.
Home| Photo Index