CRICH PARISH

which consists of the villages of Crich, Fritchley and Whatstandwell.

Genealogy: Parish Records

St Mary’s Parish Church , Crich

The Church records start at 1565 for Christenings; 1600 for Marriage; 1600 for Burials. The parish included hamlets of Fritchley, Bull Bridge, Wheatcroft and Whatstandwell. It also included Tansley up to 1840, Wessington until 1859 and Holloway until 1901.

The Crich registers are still ongoing. They have most of them at the Matlock Record Office, New Street, Matlock, DE4 3AG Tel: 01629 580000. Christenings up to 1954; Marriages up to 1971; Burials up to 1991.

This site has some of these records – Church Records


Casting a slightly wider net....

Records for people living in the Bullbridge and Heage area may be in the DUFFIELD or BELPER parish records. Before Belper church was built this area came under Duffield.

Crich and Fritchley people also occur in the SOUTH WINGFIELD registers.

Similarly the Wessington and Brackenfield area parishioners can be found in the early MORTON parish records.

Crich area residents also pop up quite frequently in the ASHOVER and ALFRETON parish records.

Early Lea, Holloway and Dethick residents often were recorded in the ASHOVER parish records.

Many Crich and Fritchley people were QUAKERS – see records at Matlock Record Office or Chesterfield Library.

 

Home| Genealogy Index