which consists of the villages of Crich, Fritchley and Whatstandwell.
These photographs have come from several souces. In particular: The George Smith Collection (courtesy Stan Smith); Mrs Hilda Turner; Graham Swift; Valerie Jones; Beryl Calladine; an anonymous album; Sue Worboys; Ken Stinson
A farm at Fritchley
Fritchley Green. The school and mission can be seen on the left.
Fritchley Congregational Chapel. Note the water trough on the Green (now gone)
Meeting on Fritchley Green (note the thatched houses). Date unknown
Davidson's Stores with Lynam Butcher above.
A view across Fritchley Green
Outside Davidson's Store on Fritchley Green
Fritchley Bobbin Mill. It was destroyed by fire in June 1885.
View from Barn Close Farm
View over Fritchley
Looking down towards Fritchley Green
Friends Meeting House
Fritchley C of E School and Church Mission (now a private house)
Looking up Bobbin Mill Lane towards the large house at the top – Chestnut Bank
Red Lion when it was built in stone
The Red Lion also provided "Teas and Refreshments".
Float outside the Red Lion
Shoulder of Mutton; the building on the right used to be the Blue Bell.
Fritchley Post Office
Collection at the Post Office
Butterley Quarry tramway through Fritchley
An old photograph of Bowmer Lane.
The barns on the left have been demolished are are now houses.